Additionally, the dots remind me of beads and I've got to see them somewhere cuz I sure haven't been seeing 'em in my garage lately -- it has been too dang cold out there.
For those of you that don't know what my stress-relieving hobby is -- besides making jewelry -- it is making glass beads. I'll try to explain for the benefit of those that are not my beady acquaintances. I've got a quasi studio in the bump-out of our garage, which my husband so graciously donated half of to me. So, in the space of approx. 6'x9' I have the following:
- my second-hand Steelcase desk and credenza -- these suckers are old, heavy and did you notice I said steel, just what I wanted so they won't burn;
- my small glass storage cabinet, which sits on top of the credenza;
- my Chili Pepper kiln, which also sits on top of the credenza;
- my second-hand oxygen concentrator; and
- my new purple Cricket from GTT, which I love using, by the way -- even though I've only lit the durn thing about 4 times so far. I finally upgraded my second-hand minor torch last September and I am so glad that I made the switch, even though I really liked the minor, too.
I'm sure you'd get a better idea if I posted a picture. Maybe this weekend I can manage to take a photo. And if you want to see some really awesome glass art and/or jewelry just click around in my blog list. But be forewarned, you may want to hide your wallet.
Oh, and speaking of this weekend, the Lawrence Central Winter Guard will have their first competition at Danville High School in Danville, Indiana. I'm so excited . . .