Monday, February 2, 2009

Chaperoning again . . . .

Well, Lawrence Central Winter Guard had another great weekend with their second win for the Open Class guard yesterday. However, since I got to chaperone for both the A guard and the Open guard, it sure made for a long day. Spending the day with 28 high school girls and a handful of boyfriends that come along to be the "tarp crew," riding on a school bus, having to answer to the band director when something goes wrong, and walking from one end of a high school to another (multiple times throughout the day) sure makes for a weary mom when it is all over. I have been doing this chaperone thing for the marching band/guard and also the winter guard for the past 6 years now, since two of my daughters have been members of the guard. And it looks like I may have another 5 years to go since I still have another daughter that will most likely join the guard in the fall of 2010, right after the middle daughter graduates. I hope these weary bones can make it that long . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment